Business owner who sprayed homeless woman with hose could face prison sentence

For his conduct, a business owner who sprayed a homeless lady can receive a prison sentence.

After a video showing him using a hose to spray a homeless lady sitting on the edge of a sidewalk went viral lately, the owner of a gallery in San Francisco has come under fire.

Collier Gwin is seen in the viral video, resting on a rail while spraying the woman with water from a hose in an effort to encourage her to leave the area. The video was released to both Twitter and TikTok on Monday.
The lady can be heard shouting in the video as Gwin forcefully commands her to “move” while pointing a finger at her.

One Twitter user who uploaded the video remarked, “This is horrific. “This disgusting man is using a hose to spray a homeless woman down. She may be heard screaming, “Help Me!” Does anyone know who he is? … This is cruel and unacceptable.

Since it was posted, the video has been viewed more than 4.7 million times and has drawn widespread criticism, particularly because homelessness has dramatically increased in recent years in San Francisco and, more broadly, the entire state of California. This increase was exacerbated by the pandemic in 2020.

Rev. Amos Brown of the Third Baptist church said it was a painful reminder of history during a lecture at the local town hall.

According to the Guardian, he remarked, “It brought us back to the days when in Birmingham, Alabama, when sheriff hosed down civil rights workers back in the 1960s.

When the event first gained notoriety, Gwin appeared to have no remorse when he spoke to NBC station KNTV, referring to the victim as “crazy.”

According to Gwin, “the entire neighborhood is involved in this scenario.” The police department is involved in this scenario. The city and its social services are involved in the predicament. There have been several attempts to assist this insane woman.

“There is nothing that can be done at all. They will take her to a shelter and release her after two days, he continued. She will be taken to the hospital and released the following day.
In a recent update, it was mentioned that Gwin had been detained and may soon be facing a term for violence.

According to a statement posted on Facebook by the San Francisco police department, they were first summoned to a situation “about a probable assault.”

Just a few days later, they added: “Gwin was arrested for the warrant on January 18, 2023, at around 3:30 p.m. in the 700 block of Montgomery Street. After being taken to the San Francisco County Jail, Gwin was lodged there on the warrant for his arrest for battery (242 PC).
While an arrest has been made, “this remains an ongoing and active investigation,” the statement continued, inviting anybody with more details about the event to come forward.

Since the event, Gwin is said to have shut down the gallery and its social media pages as well because of the footage, which some viewers said caused them to give bad reviews and even vandalize his building.

According to a statement by San Francisco’s district attorney, Brooke Jenkins, “Mr. Gwin will receive just punishment for his acts.” Additionally, the damage at the Foster Gwin Gallery must stop since “two wrongs do not make a right.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *